Are you eligible for the Ontario ImmigrationNominee Program?
Ontario has recently published a list of targeted occupations being recruited for immigration. This list offer new opportunities for people who are interested in immigrating to Ontario.
In order to leverage the opportunities, it is important to understand the occupation list and various other eligibility criteria under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream. The HCP is a part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
Here is the complete list of ICT or the Information and Communication Technology occupations provided by Ontario.
• NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
• NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
• NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
• NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
• NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
• NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
• NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
• NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
• NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
• NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
• NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
• NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
• NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
• NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
• NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
How does the ICT occupation list help you?
People with work experience in any of the occupations in the list can attain a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. The NOI under the HCP stream offers annadditional 600 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS. Along with that, you achieve an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in the Express Entry pool.
What if you don’t have ICT work experience?
If you are eligible for the HCP stream but don’t have ICT work experience, you can stay eligible for the program with 400 CRS points and meeting the other eligibility criteria.
How to apply if you have the work experience?
You will need to get into the Express Entry Pool as your first step to immigrating to Canada. Beeton & Co offers a reduced fee Provincial Nominee Package that allows you to get into the Express Entry system quickly. Please get in touch to find outmore.
In order to attain the nomination, you need to fulfill the HCP eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria under the HCP stream
- Generally, you require a profile in the Express Entry pool with 400 CRS points or above at every processing stage.
- You need to present a Canadian Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. degree or you can provide an Educational Credential Assessment report to ensure the authorities that your educational credentials fulfill the Canadian standards.
- The work experience under the following:
- Under the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), you need to have at least one year of full-time employment experience or r part-time experience in a National Occupation Classification 0, A or B.
- Under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you must provide the proof of having at least one year of full-time employment experience, or part-time in any equivalent.
- You need proficiency in speaking, reading, writing and listening to the English and French languages. Your IELTS score should be a 6 or higher in each of the four competencies.
- As a candidate, you need to indicate your intention to reside in Ontario.
- You need to provide proof of funds to cover the settlement costs in Ontario.
- Meet any additional criteria under either of the classes.