While You Study

On Campus

If you are a full-time student you may be eligible to work without a work permit on the campus of the university or college you are attending.  This is valid for the period for which you hold a study permit.

Have You Considered Co-op or Internships?

Co-operative (Co-op) Programs are paid internships.  They allow students to get career training, work with professionals in their field of study and get paid for their work, all as part of their studies.   This is permitted under your Canadian Study Permit permitted the co-op is not more than 50% of your program.

Co-ops and internships are a great way to get into the job market and meet potential employers.

Statistics Canada has noted:

  • College and university graduates of co-op programs have a higher employment rates.
  • Co-op graduates at both levels also experience lower unemployment rates and better occupation-to-field-of-study matches.
  • University graduates with co-op work experience had higher earnings than other graduates.


Off Campus

Also while you are a full-time student you may be eligible to work off campus for up to 20 hours a week during a regular academic session.



75 Victoria Avenue
K6V 2B5

United Arab Emirates

Beeton & Co in partnership with Mercan,
Office 2704, Concord Tower,
Business Bay, Dubai

With locations in Dubai Marina and Business Bay.

The information contained on this website is only an overview and does not constitute legal advice in the UAE or elsewhere. Beeton & Co FZ LLC is owned and operated by Canadian qualified lawyers, provides immigration advisory services and does not provide legal services in Dubai. Readers are cautioned against making any decisions based on the material in this website alone and are encouraged to obtain professional advice.

©2017 Beeton & Co